Time & Location
Jan 08, 2023, 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM
LIVEstream via ZOOM
About the Event
Word of the Year with Mixed-media Collage
ONLINE LIVEstream via ZOOM
12p - 3p PST
Time Zones :::
- 10am Alaska TIme
- 12pm Pacific Time
- 1:00 p Mountain Time
- 2:00p Central Time
- 3:00p Eastern Time
Each year I invite creative souls to join me in creating a unique mixed-media collage artwork that will showcase your word of the year.
Word of the Year is an alternative to new year's resolutions which often leave us feeling defeated. It is far more empowering for many people to instead choose a word that inspires toward personal growth.
This past year my word was Flourish. Over the years I've seen students choose all kinds of words such as Brave, Trust, Grow, Soar, Surrender and many others.
In this workshop, I will guide you step by step to create a unique mixed-media collage that will showcase your word of the year. Using acrylic paint, collage elements, and a variety of mixed-mediums, each participant will create a truly one of a kind artwork that expresses you and your chosen word of the year.
This is a LIVEstream event via Zoom with no recording available. It is important you show up on time just as you would to an in-person workshop. We will meet on Zoom in my "digital studio" and together in REAL TIME have our workshop together. Plan to have undistracted time and space for this three hour art workshop and that you have will have access to a reliable internet connection.
Making Art in Real Time with others on Zoom is pretty cool!
SUPPLIES YOU WILL NEED:
- Canvas panel (8x10 or even better, a 9x12)
- Plastic palette knife or old gift card (for spreading paint)
- Acrylic paints (3-4 different colors including white or beige)
- Collage paper elements (magazines, old maps, sheet music, scrap book paper, old book pages, etc... any kind of paper you like)
- Small spray bottle
- Paper Towels
- OPTIONAL variety of mixed-mediums such as rubber stamps, stencils, charcoal pencil, white gel pen, pastels, art crayons, etc...
- Word of the Year ::: you can print it out in any kind of font and size you like, or if you have a rubber stamp alphabet you can stamp it... or use the Ransom Note method and cut letters from magazines to create your WOTY
Note :: This can be a messy process. Prep your area accordingly if you need to cover your table or other surfaces to protect them from paint splatters.
This is a non-refundable workshop. Due to the nature of what I offer, I am unable to provide a refund or credit to a future workshop. You may transfer your spot to another person if you are unable to attend. Just let me know so I can add their name to the roster. In the unlikely event that circumstances beyond my control warrant canceling the event, students will receive a full refund.
- Ticket type
Word of the Year ONLINEPrice$40.00
+$1.00 service fee+$1.00 service fee