Sun, Jun 05|
LIVEstream via ZOOM
Painting Loose Women : a watercolor workshop
This online workshop will be LIVEstreamed via ZOOM
Time & Location
Jun 05, 2022, 12:00 PM – 2:30 PM
LIVEstream via ZOOM
About the Event
In this LIVEstream online workshop I lead you step by step in how to create loose watercolor paintings inspired by the female form.
- 11am Alaska TIme
- 12pm Pacific Time
- 1:00 MTN Time
- 2:00p Central Time
- 3:00p Eastern Time
Loose watercolor painting is the art of letting go and allowing the colors to flow as they will.
In this workshop, students will be guided in how to draw compositions of the female form using transfer paper. Students will be guided step by step how to paint with a loose and easy watercolor style.
This is a beginner friendly class.
Transfer (tracing) drawing tricks and tips will be taught as well as an intro to watercolor painting. This class will inspire you to the enjoyment of painting colorful and loose watercolor florals.
Loose Art : to communicate visually with suggestion rather than high detail.
This art class is LIVEstreamed in real time via Zoom. No recording will be available for this class.
Please make note of the supply list below and begin to order your supplies right away. I have included Amazon links to keep it easy for you. No affiliation !
Reach out with any questions. I look forward to helping you discover the ease and joy of creating loose watercolor floral paintings.
*** reference printouts will be emailed two days before the class. Please reach out if you need sooner to arrange printing. You may use your own references as well.
- 9x12 Coldpress #140 Watercolor Paper (Amazon has a great affordable brand HERE)
- Watercolor paints. A good pre-loaded set can be found HERE. Otherwise, if you have your own, plan to have burnt sienna, Ultramarine blue, Quinacridone Gold in addition to other colors you enjoy)
- Watercolor or soft bristle brushes, Round #4 or 6 is what we will use and focus on in this workshop
- TRANSFER GRAPHITE PAPER <<<< super important !!! This paper is a game-changer for non-drawers or people like me who have low drawing skill. I will show you how amazing this tool can help you. Find it HERE. (Carbon transfer paper will work too though the lines come out much heavier. This is why I recommend graphite).
- Black Ink pen, fine point
- Paper towels
- OPTIONAL : small spray bottle, charcoal pencil, pastels, gel pens
I will briefly explain how useful all of these supplies are for your art making tool box. These are each great to have for painting loose watercolors and also for other art making projects.
Painting Loose Women
+$1.00 service fee
a LIVEstream watercolor workshop with Pamela Sue Johnson
+$1.00 service fee0