Time & Location
Feb 26, 2022, 12:00 PM PST – Mar 12, 2022, 2:00 PM PST
3-week course LIVEstream ONLINE via ZOOM
About the Event
In this ONLINE LIVEstream 3- week art course students will learn step-buy step the art of loose watercolor painting.
- 11am Alaska TIme
- 12pm Pacific Time
- 1:00 MTN Time
- 2:00p Central Time
- 3:00p Eastern Time
There will be a focus on watercolor florals, figures and birds. With a total of 6 hours of instruction, students in Real Time will be guided in how to use transfer paper to capture drawn lines to create readable yet loose paintings. With the use of my overhead demo camera students will be able to view as if looking over my shoulder at how to create step by step loose watercolor paintings. I talk you through all the things as well as show you the art of letting go and create loose watercolor paintings.
Loose Art : to communicate visually with suggestion rather than high detail.
This art class is LIVEstreamed in real time via Zoom. RECORDINGS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR SIX MONTHS OF THIS THREE-WEEK ART COURSE.
Please make note of the supply list below and begin to order your supplies right away. I have included Amazon links to keep it easy for you. No affiliation !
Reach out with any questions. I look forward to helping you discover the ease and joy of creating loose watercolor paintings.
*** reference handouts will be sent out for you to print out. You may use your own references as well.
- 9x12 Coldpress #140 Watercolor Paper (Amazon has a great affordable brand HERE)
- Watercolor paints. A good pre-loaded set can be found HERE. Otherwise, if you have your own, plan to have burnt sienna, Ultramarine blue, Quinacridone Gold in addition to other colors you enjoy)
- Watercolor or soft bristle brushes, Round #4 or 6, a round #10 or 12 as well as a flat brush and a liner brush if you have. Don't stress about this or spend too much money. Having at least one round and one flat is plenty to get you started.
- TRANSFER GRAPHITE PAPER <<<< super important !!! This paper is a game-changer for non-drawers or people like me who have low drawing skill. I will show you how amazing this tool can help you. Find it HERE. (Carbon transfer paper will work too though the lines come out much heavier. This is why I recommend graphite).
- Black Ink pen, fine point
- Dr Martin's Bleed Proof White can be found HERE. This is a very cool tool to have in your artmaking bag.
- Paper towels
- OPTIONAL : small spray bottle, charcoal pencil, pastels, gel pens
I will briefly explain how useful all of these supplies are for your art making tool box. These are each great to have for painting loose watercolors and also for other art making projects.
Loose Watercolor Painting$95.00+$2.38 service fee