Living My Rigged Life

I had a dream where Tony Robbins sat down next to me to speak into my life. He had profound advice to give me as I embark on shedding my factory job to build a creative business. He said this to me:

Focus.

That is exactly what I needed to hear. It has now become my daily mantra, each day I sharpen my lens to focus on the tasks at hand Today to continue building, brick by brick, the reality of my desire which is to be a full-time creative entrepreneur.

Here’s where I am at :

Due to a rib injury I have been unable to work at my physically demanding factory job for the last couple of weeks. It is uncertain how long this type of injury takes to heal, but the timing could not be better. Though I cannot perform the tasks at work, I can make art, I can network, I can work on my website and while I rest my body I can read, reflect and sharpen my Focus even more upon the enormity of this life change I am making.

In my workplace there is often judgment and suspicion cast upon those who are “out on an injury.” I am already hearing rumblings through the grapevine of those who question the validity of my injury. It is not my concern if people who do not know me well enough to know my personal integrity consider me a scammer. I just smile, for I believe that the Universe has my back.

Live life as if EVERYTHING is rigged in your favor.

(Rumi

Even rib strains. My rib strain is in my favor serving me well as I allow my FOCUS to sharpen while my body heals. Momentum is gathering even more heat.

I taught an art class last week at a local art space. It went so well that afterward the owner asked if I would like to teach an 8-week series. Wow ! It will be a creative course based on the classic book, The Artist’s Way. Keep an eye out for details SOON. I also have just been accepted as an art seller at a small art show in February, and I will be the featured artist at a local wine tasting room during the month of April.

I am also planning a solo road trip from my Vancouver, Wa home to Southern California. I have friends and contacts up and down the west coast, so I am going to be promoting my Art It Up parties for this trip. I will be traveling the end of February (during a previously scheduled vacation week from work). If you live in California (or southern Oregon) holler at me. I’d love to meet up with you and hopefully Art It Up together! I will be blasting out a special Going to California Art It Up Tour email flyer in the next week.

I get giddy thinking about stirring up creative juices in community art making, and that’s what happens. Making art is such a solitary path. That solitude is necessary for the artist to Focus. Yet there is a different kind of energy, a different kind of exuberance that bubbles up when art is made in the company of other art makers. The creative magic becomes tangible. It fires me up. Art It Up parties are really a flimsy excuse for me to enter that creative zone with others as often as I can.

Love Yourself

Oh, one more thing : a friend is hosting a small Art It Up party in her home on February 10th. The theme will be Love and Sex since it’s nearly Valentine’s Day. Wine and chocolate will be involved in this Art It Up party and I will lead an intention for women to Focus on their desire for fulfilling love and vibrant sex (yes !) to be expressed in their art making. Oh yeah, I am going there! A woman who thinks her fire has faded is mistaken. She just needs a bit of stoking. I’ll announce details for this unique art party this week. If you can’t wait, just message me to reserve your spot to this intimate creative time.

Do not edit your DESIRES. Want what YOU want.

(Mama Gena)

Focus. I’m living focused. I hope you are too, whatever that thing is that you are desiring for your life. Imagine it. Think on it. FOCUS>>>>> Live the life you desire. I know I am, strained rib and all.

(Visited 139 times, 1 visits today)

8 Comments

1. Ron Graves January 28, 2019 at 12:37 am

I feel ya in the rib injury. Having played rugby for 25 years I can tell you first hand how painful a rib injury is; much worse than ankle and a variety of other strains, pulls, and breaks.
    Great post Pam❤️

1. pamjohnson January 28, 2019 at 6:16 pm

Hi Ron, oh wow, Rugby ! I just strained my rib muscle through violent coughing from a bad cold ! I have a pretty high tolerance for pain, but yeah, rib pain, Damn! It has brought tears to my eyes at time, especially first thing in the morning. I feel like I’m improving, but it is so slow, like one step forward two steps back. Had no idea how involved those particular muscles are involved in simple daily life activities until this happened. I get sharp pains all days long letting me know, Nope, be careful reaching for that cuz it strains us… and coughing or sneezing? Ohmylord…. like getting punched in the ribs from the inside out.

And yet, the timing is so good. I would have preferred a different circumstance that allows me to focus on my new creative business, but as they say, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade (and then add vodka 🙂 ).

Thanks for following my journey, brother. You have always been kind hearted and encouraging to me. Hope you and yours are flourishing !

2. Max Inman January 28, 2019 at 7:07 pm

I like it! I will help in any way need!

1. pamjohnson January 29, 2019 at 7:44 am

thanks max!!! you were such a great help tonite with my questions !!!!!!

3. Becky DeSmet January 30, 2019 at 4:28 am

You and I are on a similar plane these past few years. I totally connected with this post and I’m always amazed at how you can say exactly how I feel at times. But you can do it with simple words from the heart, where I write pages and pages to say one sentence. You have a gift with words Pam. I hope we can connect when you come to California. You are the kind of sister/kindred spirit….years can go by and we can pick up right where we left off! I love modern technology because even though we haven’t seen each other in person in years I feel like I’ve kept up with you to a certain point. When you moved to Oregon I assumed on my next trip north, I would have a nice visit in Portland with you (I was really looking forward to seeing your garden on lovely Street and that neat old house) and finally get to visit a voodoo donut shop. I never would have imagined the twists and turns my life has taken since then. I am slowly planning/taking the trips I’ve been wanting to take. I’ve been focusing on my dream 4+ years now and that focus has really paid off in all the ways you talked about in your post. I’m finally living the life that I want. My new motto is, it’s never too late! I just graduated from college last summer and started my dream job last week! By the way your art has always sparked something in me. During my four years in college whenever I needed a1/2 unit class I took a weekend art class in printmaking. My final semester I took a full 3 unit printmaking class. I was always thinking in the back of my mind that I wanted to create something like what you do. So I guess I need to take an “art it up” class with you and learn some of your techniques. Maybe when you come to California I can put something together. Thanks for sharing your post I look forward to the next one! ❤️

1. Pamela Sue Johnso January 30, 2019 at 7:47 pm

Becky !!! Thanks so much for reading and staying connected and for your comment here. I def wanna spend time with you on my Going to California Art It Up tour. And YES YES YES would love to have you host an Art It Up party. I bring everything. Will reach out to you as my specific time frame on the central coast comes into view which I am beginning to firm up details over the next few days. It would be soooooo amazing to see you, and yes, we will pick up right where we left off cuz you and i are kindred spirits. and i love that you have history with jerry, too…. you’ve known him longer than i have ! so much to share, to reveal… and to celebrate. and i wanna HEAR ALL ABOUT YOU AND THIS NEW CHAPTER OF YOURS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you my faraway friend and I will be in touch with you in the next week or so. FOR REALZ !!!

4. Carlton July 26, 2019 at 11:00 am

Hi, very nice website, cheers!
    ——————————————————
    Need cheap and reliable hosting? Our shared plans start at $10 for an year and VPS plans for $6/Mo.
    ——————————————————
    Check here: https://www.reliable-webhosting.com/

5. oprol evorter September 8, 2019 at 10:39 pm

Simply want to say your article is as astounding. The clearness in your post is just great and i could assume you’re an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission let me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the gratifying work.